Hello, I'm Tom. Welcome to my home page.
I live in Cambridge, UK, where I commission and edit maths books for CUP. Previously I got my PhD in maths in Southampton.
Aside from maths, I like running, hiking, swimming outdoors, and reading books.
Between 2011 and 2015 I did my PhD in algebraic K-theory with Dr. Bernhard Köck at the University of Southampton.
My thesis was about Grayson's algebraic presentation of the higher algebraic K-groups.
Algebraic proofs of some fundamental theorems in algebraic K-theory
in Homology, Homotopy and Applications 17 (2015), no. 1, 267—280.
Exterior power operations on higher K-groups via binary complexes
(with Bernhard Köck and Lenny Taelman)
in Annals of K-Theory 2–3 (2017), 409—450.
- Notes on the Pisano semiperiod.
- A series of seminars for undergraduates I started while I was a graduate student.
Things I like.
- Idle Words (Maciej Cegłowski)
- Quomodocumque (Jordan Ellenberg)
- The Accidental Mathematician (Izabella Laba)
- Eruditorium Press